Monday, June 2, 2014

a baby quilt and destash this fine Monday morning. :)

Pin It


Good morning friends!

I've had a few quilt finishes in the last couple months believe it or not! ;)  One I can't blog yet (bummer), but a couple I can (even if they're small).

This first one I started when the little owner of this quilt was just brand new, and for some reason, her name inspired me. And then it sat. For a very long time. Not sure why... but it just happened that way.

Until one weekend I decided I wanted to finish something.

I knew I had to use this map fabric from SarahJane, not only because of the color scheme, but the symbolism. (The year of Jubilee, Biblically, was when slaves were freed, and all kinds of mercies were bestowed - I like the idea of that covering the whole world).



The quilt is very simple. Just some pretty patchwork squares and a name from Kelly's Wonky Alphabet pattern. (Lindsey even got a whole 'nother quilt out of the extra squares! :D

Infinity loops and loop-di-loops for the quilting.





I hope miss Jubilee loves it!

(You know what's kind of funny? She is one of Scarlet's little dopplegangers... see???)


_________________________

In other news: 
Big destash going on in my pattern shop! I'm giving away a free pdf pattern with each purchase -- just leave the note of your choice in the little check out note and I'll email it to you. :) Most things are priced at $5/yard!








3 comments:

Tracey Jacobsen said...

Testing to see if my no-reply status is fixed on my email. :)

Tamie said...

Love Jubilee's quilt. So cute.

sandra said...

What an adorable quilt for a sweet little girl. I used Sarah Jane's fabric for ny grand-nephew's quilt except that I used the red and blue.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails